CARES Harness Rental
Included with your rental: CARES harness, carry bag (color may vary), instruction card (free upon request)
CARES HARNESS RENTAL
The only easy, FAA-approved way for small children to fly safe. For kids Between 22 and 44 lbs, up to 40 inches tall, sitting in own seat. We also have CARES for special needs flyers over 44 lbs and 40 inches tall. Please read this for more information.
*Once the item has been delivered to you, its whereabouts is your responsibility. Please use workplace address to be sure you receive the item.*
Prices & Penalties
1-15 days rental: $13.95 per CARES
Extra day(s): $0.25 per day, per CARES
Standard shipping (one way): $6.50 for 1 CARES, $7 for 2, $7.50 for 3
Express shipping for 1-3 CARES (one way): $25.00
CA State tax: 9.0% on CA orders only
Late fee, per CARES: $7.00 per day (Maximum $49.00) (Non-negotiable, non-refundable)
Default fee, per CARES: $50.00 (Only refundable once we physically receive the CARES harness within five days of being charged the default fee)
Replacement fee, per CARES: $64.00 for CARES harness inventories purchased in 2017, $55 for 2016, and $49 for 2015/2014.
Lost/damaged carry bag: $2.00
Lost/damaged chest clip: Replacement fee, see above
Lost/damaged slide clip: $10.00 (see sample)
Eligibility: Rental is available for Renters who reside in and will be returning to the United States and are at least 18 years of age or older.
Loss, Theft, Damages: Renter is fully responsible for the loss, theft or destruction of said property from all causes whatever and agrees to pay the owner the fair market value of the property in such event. In the event of damage and/or partial destruction from any cause whatever, renter agrees to pay to the owner a reasonable cost of repair to said property. The renter acknowledges that Rent CARES LLC is permitted to charge the account (PayPal, debit, or credit card) provided by the renter for any lost, damaged or non-returned equipment.
Instructions for using equipment: By renting the equipment you agree to familiarize yourself with how to use and/or properly install the equipment. Manufacturer’s instruction manuals are provided (free upon request) with all rental equipment. You acknowledge that Rent CARES LLC is not responsible for your failure to abide by recommendations or instructions in said manuals.
Late and Default Fees: There is a non-refundable and non-negotiable late fee of $7.00 per CARES, per day, beginning on the eight day after your return date, up to a maximum of $49.00 (7 days at $7.00 per day).
Failure to return the CARES harness(es) by the 16th day after your return date will be treated as theft and breach of contract, resulting in an additional fee of $50.00 for each harness, and an offense/police report filed in Renter’s home state and in California. In situations of default, Rent CARES, LLC reserves the right to bring actions as permitted by applicable law, including seeking criminal prosecution, as well as filing civil suit seeking damages and reimbursement of any related legal costs.
Default fee is only refundable once we physically receive the CARES harness within five days of being charged the default fee.
For example: If your flight returns on January 1, we should physically receive the harness on or before January 8. Late charges accrue on January 9 and default fee accrues on January 17.
Cancelation: Rent CARES, LLC only accept cancelations up to 9 days before your departure date, as the CARES harness(es) you have reserved usually ship 8 business days before your departure date. In the event of a cancellation with a notice of less than 9 days, a refund will not be given. Late and default fees may apply.
Rent CARES, LLC reserves the right to refuse and cancel a reservation for whatever reason at any time. Possible reasons for cancellation include, but are not limited to the following: Potentially fraudulent order, incorrect billing information, unprecedented late returns, and non-payment at the time of booking.
Waiver of liability: By accepting and using the equipment on behalf of yourself and all others that may use the equipment, you acknowledge the equipment is being used at your own risk. You agree to relieve Rent CARES LLC of all liability for loss, damage or injury associated with the use of the rental equipment, from any cause whatsoever, including negligence.
Rent CARES LLC will not be responsible for accidents or injuries caused directly or indirectly by the use or misuse of the rental equipment. By signing or accepting this agreement, you agree to accept full responsibility for using the rental equipment.
Indemnity: You agree to defend, fully indemnify and hold harmless Rent CARES LLC from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, actions, causes of action and/or liability, of any kind whatsoever, for damages, losses, costs and/or expenses (including legal fees and disbursements) arising in connection with this Agreement, including without limitation: any and all breaches by you of any terms or conditions of this Agreement; damages to persons or property, personal injury or death caused by your negligent or willful acts or omissions arising in connection with this Agreement; and any claim by a third party against Rent CARES LLC.
I HAVE READ THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM.
Last updated: January 21, 2018. Please click here for the hard copy.
- How old are the CARES harnesses? – 90% of our harnesses were manufactured from 2015 to 2018. We sell our “old” but useable harnesses every few months.
- Do I have to pad the dates to allow time for shipping? – No, please use actual travel dates.
- When do you ship orders? – We send out orders five to seven days before your trip.
- How long does shipping take? – 2-3 days for Standard shipping, 1-2 days for Express
- What is your Cancellation policy? – We only accept cancelations up to 9 days before your departure date. In the event of a cancellation with a notice of less than 9 days, a refund will not be given. Late and default fees may apply.
- What is your late return policy? – We are counting on our customers to return the harness(es) on time. If customers don’t, it can put significant inconvenience and stress to us and possibly future customers. If there is a chance you might be late, please contact us to request an extension. If we can’t allow an extension due to high volume, please return the harness(es) before its due date and pay the late fees if applicable.
- Is it guaranteed to arrive on time before my trip? – The standard 2-3 day service is the expected delivery time only and not guaranteed.
- How far in advance can I reserve the CARES harness? – We accept reservations up to 1 year in advance.
- I’m leaving in less than a week, can I still rent? – Yes, only if you are leaving in five days and you must choose express shipping.
- What is your policy on lost carry bag and missing parts? – Lost or damaged carry bags carries a fee of $2.00, this need to be ordered separately from the manufacturer. Every part of the CARES harness is essential for it to function properly, if you lose or significantly damage any part, you will have to pay for its full replacement.
- My order was canceled due to potentially fraudulent order – If our payment processor flags your order, we will cancel it. Also, if we are unable to contact you to verify information (regarding any issues with your reservation), we will cancel the order. Please make sure you are available at the email address you’ve provided in the reservation form.
- Can I use FedEx or UPS? – Yes, but they do not ship to a USPS PO box and they do not offer free basic insurance. Please contact me for the physical address.
- What if the item is damaged at the time it was delivered? – If we ship the rental equipment to you and the package is delivered damaged, opened, or otherwise is suspicious looking manner, do not accept it and notify us immediately. If you chose to accept it, save all packaging material for inspection by the carriers agents and notify us immediately.
- I put the wrong address! – Please note, I am unable to intercept and reroute a package once it has been dropped off at and accepted by USPS. Late charges/replacement fees will apply.
- Pick-up and drop-off within Los Angeles? – No.
- How long should I keep the return tracking number? – It is your decision, but in case of disputes, please keep the tracking information until the case is closed.
- Is the CARES harness sanitized? – Yes, it is sanitized. The carry bag is washed prior to rental.